Historical preservation of our nation’s history has been a regulatory concern of State and Federal governments since the rapid development that took place in the 1950s.
PELA's cultural resource management services help our clients comply with those State and Federal regulations that govern cultural resource protection, including the Section 106 process of the National Historic Preservation Act, Section 4 (f) of the Department of Transportation Act, and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
Our Registered Professional Archaeologist assists our clients with:
- Phase I, II, and III Archaeological or Cultural Resource Assessments
- Historical Building Evaluations for Urban Renewal/ Revitalization Studies
- Cemetery Location/Relocations
We utilize state-of-the-art technologies, such as Ground-Penetrating Radar, to aid in site characterization and interpretation.
PELA professionals have performed studies for governmental agencies and private companies, including:
- Alabama Department of Transportation
- Carlton Engineering, LLC
- PERC Engineering Co.,Inc
- McGehee Engineering, Inc.
- Various State Municipalities
- Savannah Corps of Engineers
- National Park Service